Monday, August 4, 2014

Drawstring Bag Update

I finally finished the bag. I went to Joann's and they had ZERO silver grommets in the size I needed. I checked twice in one week but all they had was the starter kit. I finally just bought some at Michael's.

Here is the finished product!



My mom really liked how it turned out. I like how it is a lot more sturdy than the original. The original was basically two pieces of fabric sewn together without any interfacing and felt flimsy as heck.

Also, the original video I had for installing grommets dissapeared. It was a really good video and used the same kind of grommets I do. I searched online and found a similar video. The only difference is that he uses a different type of grommet. The process is still the same though.

Video:  How to install grommets.

I started working on the men's pants. Hopefully I will be done with them soon and can update. The fly was the most confusing part. And like most reviews I saw on Patternreview, I improvised and did the fly how I wanted. Also using linen....why did I decide that? It frays everywhere! Ugh. But the pants will be soft and breathable and that is what matters.

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment